- Narrow distribution. Indonesia, Oceania. On sugarcane. A minor disease.
- Spots small, oval, light green to pale yellow with thin red margins; later, surrounded by progressively larger spots, turning brown, up to 60 cm.
- Spores on the underside of leaves spread by wind.
- Cultural control: not likely to be needed.
- Chemical control: none recommended.
Pacific Pests, Pathogens, Weeds & Pesticides
Sugarcane veneer blotch (219)
Sugarcane veneer blotch
AUTHOR Grahame Jackson
Photo 1 Kohler F, et al. 1997) Diseases of cultivated crops in Pacific Island countries. South Pacific Commission. Pirie Printers Pty Limited, Canberra, Australia.
Produced with support from the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research under project PC/2010/090: Strengthening integrated crop management research in the Pacific Islands in support of sustainable intensification of high-value crop production, implemented by the University of Queensland and the Secretariat of the Pacific Community.