- Widespread distribution. Asia, Africa, Caribbean, Oceania. On sweetpotato and wild relatives. A minor disease.
- Brown spots, round to irregular, sometimes with light brown centres, on the upper surface, brown or grey below. Sometimes merge.
- Spores on lower surface spread in wind.
- Cultural control: spots on older leaves so unlikely to affect yields of storage roots.
- Chemical control: none recommended.
Pacific Pests, Pathogens, Weeds & Pesticides
Sweetpotato leaf spot (208)
Sweetpotato leaf spot
AUTHOR Grahame Jackson
Information (and Photo 1) Kohler F, et al. (1997) Diseases of cultivated crops in Pacific Island countries. South Pacific Commission. Pirie Printers Pty Limited, Canberra, Australia.
Produced with support from the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research under project PC/2010/090: Strengthening integrated crop management research in the Pacific Islands in support of sustainable intensification of high-value crop production, implemented by the University of Queensland and the Secretariat of the Pacific Community.